Quilt Expo and Nancy Zieman are excited to announce an all-new quilting challenge taking place throughout the month of May on social media: The Quilt Expo Modern Mini Quilt Challenge! You're invited to enter by stitching a 24-inch square (or smaller) modern mini quilt in fabrics featuring a modern color palette and design.
How to enter: Send a high-resolution image of your quilt to QEChallenge@gmail.com by 5 p.m. CST on Tuesday, May 23, 2017. Include your full name, hometown, and a sentence or two about your quilt. Enter one modern mini quilt for a chance to receive a gift from our generous sponsors!
Share your progress on social media throughout the challenge by using #ModernMiniQuiltChallenge! Quilt Expo will post entries to our Facebook page throughout the month of May — be sure to look for your entry!
2017 Quilt Expo Modern Mini Quilt Challenge Complete Entry Rules:
Sew a mini modern quilt to showcase your quilting talents. Submit your entry by emailing a high-resolution image of your quilt to QEChallenge@gmail.com by 5 p.m. CST on Tuesday, May 23, 2017.
· Mini Quilts must be no more than 24-inches square, and may be pieced, appliquéd, mixed or other.
· Mini Quilts must be made from fabrics in a modern color palette and design
· Mini Quilts must be quilted through 3 layers by hand, by machine or both.
· You may enter ONE modern mini quilt that is completed within the last year.
· Entries must be sent to QEChallenge@gmail.com; participants are encouraged to share progress and quilt photos on social media using hashtag #ModernMiniQuiltChallenge
· Submitted entries will be shared on Quilt Expo's Facebook page throughout the month of May.
· Winners selected by panel of judges, and one randomly drawn winner, to be announced on May 30, 2017.
· Open to US Residents only.
· Judging takes place May 24-25, 2017.
Grab our Quilt Expo Modern Mini Quilt Challenge badge and let your friends know about this fun quilt challenge!
Over $1,700 in prize packages from our generous sponsors:
· Baby Lock Anna sewing machine, value $399
· Pellon product bundle, value $165
· June Tailor product bundle, value $159
· Fons & Porter’s Love of Quilting magazine and Original Sewing & Quilt Expo admission ticket package, value $120
· Nancy Zieman Productions product bundle, value $115
· Sewing With Nancy product bundle, value $103
· The Electric Needle quilt kit, value $96
· Clover product bundle, value $95
· Madeira Aeroquilt 8-cone pack, value $79
· F+W Media three book package, value $75
· Quilt Expo admission ticket package, value $72
· Coats & Clark 50 spool thread assortment, value $70
· Nancy’s Notions 39 Sew Easy Projects book, value $50
Plus five random winners will receive a copy of Mini Marvels from Martingale, value $25 each